Re: PPPOE setup problems

Jeronimo Pellegrini, 2001-Nov-20 15:36 -0200:
> On Tue, Nov 20, 2001 at 09:15:57AM -0800, Jeff wrote:
> > You need PPP compile into the kernel or as a module.  I usually
> > set it up as a module since I don't use PPP all the time.
>
> Er, yes, I meant there's no need for the pppoe module.
>
> > With the PPPoE package, I use the following string to make a
> > connection:
> >
> > # /usr/sbin/pppd pty 'pppoe' noauth defaultroute user $USER mtu $MTU
>
> Where did you put that string, so "pon dsl-provider"  would work? I
> remember I tried to configure it, but I gave up and got the roaring
> penguin tarball instead (ant that worked fine).
>
> J.

Your /etc/ppp/peers/dsl-provider file should look something like
this:

pty "pppoe -I eth0 -T 80"
noipdefault
defaultroute
hide-password
lcp-echo-interval 20
lcp-echo-failure 3
mtu 1492
mru 2400
noauth
persist

You can use any other pppoe options on the pty line too.

jc

--
Jeff Coppock		Systems Engineer
Diggin' Debian		Admin and User