Re: Problem with Galeon and helper programs

"Karsten M. Self" <kmself@ix.netcom.com> writes:
> on Sat, Nov 17, 2001 at 02:03:05PM +0000, Preben Randhol (randhol@pvv.org) wrote:
> > When I press a link to look at a PDF document or listen to a Real Audio
> > Stream from Galeon I get two helper programs up. For PDF I first get
> > xpdf loaded with the document then Acrobat Reader loads with the same
> > PDF file. For Real Audio I get two realaudio players. Is there a way
> > to remove this problem?
>
> Just to confirm, I've been seeing this behavior as well.

  Yup, me too. Not on everything. At least when viewing Exceed files;
  I specify gnumeric which galeon launches, but then it also launches
  staroffice which is what I used under Netscape. That could be a clue.

Maintainer of comp.mail.mh FAQ and mh-e. Vote Libertarian!