time zone on linux

Hi All

I am writing a logger daemon. I need to print the time stamp while printing
the log message. I have to actually print the human readable date and time
zone.

Now my doubt is how will I know if root changes timezone while my daemon is
running?( I do not want to kill and restart the daemon).

I wnet through man pages of localtime, asctime etc....  And did some
experiments on those class of functions. None of those get updated with the
timezone.

I observed that apache httpd gets the new time zone whenever it changes.

If any body knows how to do it please tell me.

Thanks in advance.

Bye
Kilaru