Re: woody upgrade

On Monday 19 November 2001 14:36, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 18, 2001 at 03:49:42PM +0000, ben wrote:
> > i've just finished the upgrade and everything that was still is, in that
> > nothing seems in any way broken. i was under the impression that kde
> > would be automatically upgraded from 2.0 to a newer version but no.
> > how do i upgrade kde?
>
> How did you do the upgrade? 'apt-get upgrade', by any chance? Use
> 'apt-get dist-upgrade' or dselect instead.

i used apt-get dist-upgrade and, when that didn't give me the result i
wanted, i followed up with dselect. i used debian's ftp site. i was wondering
if it's a source.list problem. do you, perhaps, have a working source.list
for a successful upgrade that included kde 2.2?

i'm also getting a checksigs error on the gnats package, both from the site
and when i did a replacement test using the gnats package on my potato cd. i
can't find any info on the checksigs function. got any hints for that?