Re: Moyherboard support

hi ya F8ren_Neigaard

some people say "dont bother with motherboard based raid"
	- its NOT real raid...
	- its "firmware prentend-to-be-raid"

	- pull the hda disk out and see if it still boots etc
	and or if you still have all your raid data intact

if you want to use softare raid... use hda and hdc...

if you want hardware raid controllers... start cheap and go
into hundreds or thousands... adaptec/buslogic(mylex)

3ware does NOT(?) do raid5 on their current controllers..
it does raid0 and raid1
	- usually good enough for some servers....

c ya
alvin

dont forget to tune your disks for better performance...
( turn on dma ...some ide controllers dont use dma by default..