MySQL How-tos?

Hi All,

I've got to setup IRM this week, and as such, it requires MySQL.  I've not
used MySQL before, and I'm not sure what I need to setup.  I've already
installed the mysql-server package and all its required dependencies using
apt-get.  The software still doesn't work, so I'm wondering what needs to be
done after the apt-get install.  Is there a decent step-by-step how-to for
this?  I'm a bit of a newbie, so the more basic the better ;-)

Cheers,
Andy
--
"My main systems here at the office would have much higher uptimes, but we
have an MCSE with access to the server room."  -- Mike Dresser