Re: G400 vs. DRM

> (WW) Open APM failed
> (WW) Warning, couldn't open module mga_hal
> (WW) MGA(0): Video BIOS info block not detected!
> (EE) MGA: Failed to load module "mga_hal" (module does not exist, 0)
>
> Just in case it would shed any light,  I am running Athlon on Biostar
> M7MKA motherboard...
>
> Thanks for your help, Alex.
>
> --ET.

  Well, it seems that mga_hal is not really required for dri. Several
people mentioned that on this list. Forget about that error. It's
something else. Another gotcha' in my case was that some of the earlier
2.4 kernels did not like mga compiled into them. However, if I made it
into a module I'd get dri. Go figure. It seems to work fine in 2.4.14.
There are a couple of mini how-to's on the web related to G400 and dri.
Here are a couple of links I used when setting mine.
http://ogre.rocky-road.net/mga.html
http://www.cg.its.tudelft.nl/~paul/g400.html
http://www.cpbotha.net/misc.html

 Cheers,