Re: Wordperfect 8 now is broken for current Debian/Sid

I experienced the same problem, and to make WP8 work again I,

apt-get delete xlib6

and then...

dpkg -i /var/cache/apt/archives/xlib6_3.3.6-38_i386.deb

NOTE:  The defective version of the above file seems to be "version 39".
Basically I had to roll back to the previous version.  Now WP8 is back in
operation.

On 14-Nov-2001 Kevin B. McCarty wrote:
>> Dear Kevin:
>>
>> Thank you very much.  This fixed the problem.  It is because of folks
>> like you that make Linux such a pleasure to use!
>>
>> It seems a bug report for xlib6 is on order.  Has one been submitted.
>> I would be happy to do so it need be.
>
> Yes, see bug reports #118796 and #119643.  I'm glad I could help.
>
> -Kevin McCarty
>

> --

Arlen Carlson <arlencarlson@yahoo.com>

You'll feel much better once you've given up hope.

This message was sent by XFmail (Linux)

                        -o)
                        /\\
                       _\_v