Re: File attribute 's' ??

>From `man chmod` (text may be different, I'm on my OS X laptop atm):

---
The perm symbols represent the portions of the mode bits as follows:
[...]
s       The set-user-ID-on-execution and set-group-ID-on-execution bits.
---

What you have found is a set UID executable file (possibly a script or
something?).

To get rid of the setuid bit, chmod it to something else. Maybe `chmod u-s
<file>` would be a place to start.

Manpages are your friend.

-nicole

At 15:42 on Nov 17, Rafe B. combined all the right letters to say: