Re: UnrealTourney can't find VooDoo 3

JakeCatfox@aol.com wrote:

> Um, I have been compiling kernels with DRI and VooDoo 3 driver. It won't
> work! I can't find the tdfx driver in there though .. is it vital? will it
> help? Where do I find it in make xconfig (what category?..)

  yes, it's vital. it's under character devices, the last section,
enable Direct Rendering Manager and then you can enable 3dfx (I build
most of the stuff as modules). you need 2.4 kernel for that.

  if you don't know yet: use make-kpkg to build and install kernel and
modules. The docs are pretty clear, however you want to use epoch (see
--revision) so that your kernel is not replaced by debian kernel.

	erik