Re: Amiga installation

Hi Joseph

, On 15-Nov-01, you wrote:

> Whenever I try to instal Debian on my 68040 Amiga, I get to the endo of the
> installation where it asks if I want to enable it to boot from a har drive
> and when I acknowledge this it tells me, "Installing a boot loader is not
> yet possible for Debian/m68k" ..Whats up with this? What am I doin wrong?
> How can I get around this? Thanks Joseph Doss

Further to that I meant to ask what kernel are you using, you can get the ones
compiled for the Amiga from the sourceforge site, and you also need the Amiga
specific bootstrap which will enable you to boot initially from a AFFS
partition then initiate and mount the Linux side, works well here.

Regards
--
John

The only thing that stops God from sending another flood is that
the first one was useless.
-- Chamfort
mail: chaos@lamiga.screaming.net http://www.lordofchaos.co.uk ICQ 110130385
Nick = Chaos A1200 BlizzardPPC 240mhz 060/50 BlizzardVision OS3.9