Re: Lexmark Z22 on debian OR printconf deb package

=?iso-8859-1?q?Pilluli?= wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>   I've got a Lexmark Z22 printer that I'm not able to
>set up under my debian box. I've checked some
>resources on the web which say that there is no
>support for the Z* series under linux but the thing is
>that the utility "printconf" in RedHat seems to
>support it! but the "printtool" or "lprngtool"
>utilities in debian don't.
>
>Has anyone managed to set up this printer under
>debian?

you can search the net (or the debian help sites) for the package
ported to debian (debian has a printool port even for potato, as
I downloaded mine from some debian developer site).

there are generic filters for that winprinter, i believe. if
magicfilter or apsfilter with lpr or lprng won't work, or even
CUPS, then try finding printtool for your debian version (i'm
sure there's printconf and printtool in debian, as i once used
it in debian potato).

Paolo Falcone

www.edsamail.com