Help for the UDMAmentally challenged ...

I built a new machine for myself (finally .. it replaces a PII-333 box, it's
been a while) ... that's relavent so I don't look like a 'complete' idiot here;
I haven't played with new hardware in a while --

Anyway, it's an ASUS A7V266-E board with Promise UDMA controller on board with
2 Barracuda 20G 100UDMA drives .... I got 2.2r4 installed on it no problem with
a CD image, upgraded to sid, built a new kernel (2.4.14) with promise support,
but I'm missing the last mile here to get the drives and controller talking UDMA.

I've found a couple links for install issues related to UDMA, but that isn't the
problem, the install went fine I just want them to talk UDMA -- I know it's not
working as hdparm reports 3.68Mbs as it's speed:(

For those willing, the output of my dmesg is here:

http://web.yerpso.net/~hmarq/newdmsg.txt

TIA
--
Hank Marquardt <hank@yerpso.net>