Re: acroread,xpdf hassle-SOLVED

Jesse Goerz <jgoerz@bellsouth.net> writes:

> > When you have opened acroread, click on the "File" button,
> > then "Preferences" then "General"; then uncheck (disable)
> > "Smooth Text and Images".
> Hey that worked great for me!  Thanks.  I'm using the
> xserver-svga running at 24bit color and and 1280X960 resolution
> if that's relevant to anyone else.

This solved my problem with acroread, namely it was painting the
pages light red after some time of paging through a file.

Unfortunately, without the smoothing option, the most fonts are
looking awfully! Looks like if one has to choose between satan and
the devil (according to an old german proverb) ...

I yet have to try the 16 bpp Xserver option someone mentioned (now 24
bpp even here).

Greetings,
joachim