Re: Re: Best choice for video card

David Teague wrote:

>I'm running Enlightenment with Gnome 1.4. Can someone advise me
>further?

Good! Enlightenment is a damn fine WM. Snazzy...

My personal comments - it's fine if you'll use it at home, and when
you've got lots of juice like RAM and processing power. However,
should you falter on either of the two, I would suggest the following
window managers that are lightweight and yet GNOME-compliant with
all the snazzy effects:

    1.) Sawfish - Runs on it's own layer(not a mere layer above twm).
    You need to be introduced to LISP, though (and it's pretty
    enlightening too).
    2.) XFce - some accuse it of being the epitome of "uglicity"
    because of it's extreme simplicity, but it's pretty good.
    You need XFree86 4.x (if anyone knows of a port of XFce in
    Debian 2.2r3's XFree86 3.3.6 please let me know).
    3.) WindowMaker - recent versions (I think) is somehow GNOME
    compliant. AFAIK, Potato's not yet. It's pretty lightweight
    yet looks good.

Btw, I'm using sawfish on Ximian GNOME with Potato. Pretty
stable enough (i'm not adamant to use Nautilus over good old gmc).

Paolo Alexis Falcone

www.edsamail.com