Re: Which mail user agent do you use?

op wrote:

> Also sprach "Timo:
>
> > b) evolution: needs lots of dependencies (many from GNOME) and was
> > broken in sid last time, but when it works, it is just the best; a pure
> > Outlook clone but better! (mail, contacts, tasks, calendar, portal...)
>
> I've been looking to migrate from kmail to evolution for a long time. I
> installed it from sid a few weeks ago and it was still broken. Is that fixed
> now?
>
> One more thing. Kmail has an "apply filter" feature. This lets me define
> filters and apply them even _after_ the messages to be filtered have arrived.
> Is this available in Evolution? I can't imagine life without it :)

  IMO it's generally better to have filtering independent from MUA -
that way you can change your MUAs anytime (even more so when you use
IMAP instead of just files for mailboxes).

  procmail is THE one, when you use cyrus imap server you probably want
to use sieve for filtering (that's what I plan to do, I already use
cyrus)

	erik