Questions on pop3 servers

I'm currently using ipopd, with about 90 users, each checking their mail
every 10 minutes.  /var/spool/mail is 1.3 gig currently.

Users have accounts, but are not given login access, or even their
password.  Users use netscape 4.78

I use clean_mail to clean out any email over 2 months old, every month.
This relies on a single mailfile.. I archive the old email for an
indefinite period, in case the user needs it again due to workstation
crashes, etc.

System is a Celeron 333, 128 meg ram, 13.6 Quantum KX hard drive.

As you can guess, this machine is very busy.  Bursts to 10 meg a second,
average is about a couple meg per second.

I'm looking to see if there's a replacement pop3 server I can use that can
scan the mailboxes for new mail, without having to scan ALL of the
mailfile, as it does currently.

This hard drive isn't going to last forever at 5 meg a second for 24/7.
I've gotten a couple years out of it so far, but as we bring new people
online, and more and more attachments get sent, this server is starting to
slow down more and more.

Any solution will need the same setup on mail, that I need to archive old
mail and be able to easily restore it.

Thanks,
Mike