Re: Way Confused about Version Numbers

>> | Potato = stable = 2.2r?
>>
>> yes.
>>
>> | woody = testing = version 2.3
>>
>> I heard "3.0" was going to be woody's number.

I heard that too.

>> | sid = unstable = 2.(4)?  I would guess
>>
>> sid/unstable doesn't get a number.  It's not a stable release :-).

I have never heard a version number for any one of unstable (Sid) or testing
(Woody).
Technically from a Debian point of view testing is not stable either, as
its name implies.
I do not think Debian distributions recieve numbers until they become stable
and gets to be released as the "official" Debian.

A bit off topic:
Sid is unstable and will always be.
But will Woody always be testing? Or will Woody become stable and will some
new name be assigned to the next testing?

Cheers :o)

Johnny :o)