Re: OT: How long has your Linux system been up ?

On Thu, Nov 15, 2001 at 06:16:09PM -0500, Peter Good wrote:
> Heh. my work server was up for a nice 120 days, then the power supply fan
> died, absolutely killed the entire system, fun fun fun. Hopefully, now with
> new power supply on board, and some extra fannage, i'll be able to break that
> personal record no probs.

My workstation at work has been up for something approaching 120 days
now. Quite remarkable, considering its kernel is 2.4.0. :) Its uptime is
likely to span the time between my old workstation's hard disk blowing
up and our next desk move.

For machines visible from the net I'd want much more regular reboots to
track security updates in the kernel. It's a shame we aren't like QNX
yet and can't upgrade the kernel on the fly.