Re: nvidia drivers & kernel 2.4.14

On Wed, 14 Nov 2001 18:52, Dimitri Maziuk wrote:
> * Dimitri Maziuk (dmaziuk@yola.bmrb.wisc.edu) spake thusly:
> > * Kyle Girard (kgirard@chat.carleton.ca) spake thusly:
> > > Has anyone been able to get the nvidia drivers to work with the stock
> > > 2.4.14 kernel?
> > >
> > > I've compiled the drivers many times before but it just doesn't want to
> > > work with this kernel ... no matter what I do I get unresolved
> > > symbols... i've tried using the kernel headers in the kernel-source
> > > package and the kernel-headers package but nothing works
> >
> > It's not supposed to. Search kernel mailing list archives for
> > details. (And email nvidia, ask them to update the drivers.)
>
> (Seeing that someone has it working) actually, I've seen messages
> about nvidia drivers not working on 2.4.14 on the kernel list, but
> I haven't tried that myself (I have other problems with 2.4.14).
>
> Dima
2.4.14 + nvidia kernel/glx 1541 works perfectly here, altho i WILL mention
this.

When i went from 2.4.12 to .14, I had to totally trash the nvidia drivers and
dir's, it just wouldn't compile otherwise (package error maybe?), but once I
got around that, up it came. Then, in a fit of madness, I decided not to
assign an IRQ for VGA in bios, that killed the drivers instantly, unresolved
symbols. Once I switched that on, it worked perfectly, and has done since,
including Twinview with SVIDEO out.

Which 2.4.14 is it that you are using? The source direct from kernel.org? or
the Debian package? (I'm using direct from kernel.org)

Peter.