Re: dh_clean error with apt-get source build

nate said on November 13, 2001 at 22:15 (-0800)
>Carl Greco said:
>> I get the following error with the command
>
>> I'm running 2.2r4.  dh_clean is part of the debhelper (2.0.86)
>> package.  dpkg is version 1.6.15 as is dpkg-dev where
>> dpkg-buildpackage is located.  It would appear that
>> debhelper/dh_clean version difference with dpkg and dpkg-dev is the
>> problem.  Can anyone confirm this or offer another alternative?
>
>its pretty common with packages from testing or unstable.
>sometimes you can get away with changing the rules files
>and stuff to bypass the errors and it still works(i did
>it with the sysstat package, removed debhelper totally
>and it works fine for my needs)
>
>other packages(like mysql 3.23) are much harder to compile
>from testing on potato(i was unsuccessful)
>
>as for alternative, depends on the package. i haven't
>used fetchmail in years so i can't reccomend much.
>
>nate

Thanks, I was able to get it to build by editing the rules file
changing DH_COMPAT from 3 to 2, i.e.,

export DH_COMPAT=2

and commenting out dh_installman, which removed the fetchmail.1 file
from the deb file.

It appears everything else is ok but have tried to install it yet.

Carl