Newbie comments & queries

Karsten & Matthew,

Thanks, you have cleared up the mysteries for me. Well,
almost.....

.... soooo, if Debian is looking for a bashrc or profile file, it
won't mind if it has a dot in front or not, right? :>

I printed out the BashPrompt-HOWTO and can play with the prompt at
the prompt.

Joe should colorise, the local university have it running on Free-
BSD in glorious yellow text on red, but can find nothing in the
docs or config file.

Really shouldn't Debian install with an option for color?

I'll sort out the colours and come back with next problem.

Alles van die beste
Ian
   Ian Balchin
   Fables Bookshop, 119 High Street, Grahamstown, 6139, South Africa
   email  fables@imaginet.co.za
   Phone or Fax +27-(0)46-636-1525
   cell:  083-495-7353  sms 0834957353@sms.co.za
   Founder Member Southern African Book Dealers Association
   http;//www.imaginet.co.za/fables
       All of literature is a space in which a variety of writers,
    none of them original, blend and crash.
                         Roland Barthes, in `Mythologies', 1957