Re: /etc/modules.conf is more recent than ...

Ian Patrick Thomas wrote:

>         I have been getting this message on bootup
>
> Note: /etc/modules.conf is more recent than /lib/modules/`uname -r`/modules.dep
>
> When I check, both have the same creation time.  After searching on geocrawler I found a post
> where someone put the all the subdirectories of /lib/modules/`uname -r`/ in /etc/modutils/paths.
> Here is what mine looks like and the message is still coming up.
>
> # This file contains a list of paths that modprobe should scan,
> # beside the once that are compiled into the modutils tools
> # themselves.
> path[fs]=/lib/modules/2.2.20/fs
> path[misc]=/lib/modules/2.2.20/misc
> path[net]=/lib/modules/2.2.20/net
>
> Any other suggestions or is this nothing to worry about?

  it will probably go away. I had the same problem several times (and
seen the same discussion with no solution) on this list. It looks like
there's nothing you can do about it, nothing helps (update-modules,
depmod -a etc.), but it goes away after few boots (after some time). I
still have no idea what's wrong, but somehow one of the files involved
is being updated during boot (or at least it gets new date, possibly by
tough or something), I forgot which one (I guess it's
/etc/modules.conf).

	erik