Re: Can't get java working with Airport Configurator

On Wed, Nov 14, 2001 at 07:50:11AM +1100, Brendan Simon wrote:

> I am trying to configure my Appe Airport Basestation using the Java
> Configurator.  It requires Java 1.2 but apparently can work with some an
> extra download (swing library for java < 1.2).  I am a java newbie and
> have never had any success trying to execute java apps :(
> How do I successfully install a Java 1.2 Runtime Environment ? (using
> apt preferably).  I can't find any 1.2 JRE's using "apt-cache search"
> and "apt-cache show".
>
> Please help.  I appreciate any comments, suggestions and pointers.
> Brendan Simon.

Hi,
  I don`t have an apple, but I can suggest you to get the Java sdk
from blackdown(http://www.blackdown.org). I don`t remember any mirror
site you can put on your sources.list to get by apt, but on the page
you can find some. You can get the Java 2 re (j2re1.3) or the sdk
(j2sdk1.3). On the page it says it works on PPC, so I think it will
work for you.

HTH,
  Rafael Sasaki