Re: java2?

On Tue, Nov 13, 2001 at 08:23:59PM +0800, Paolo Falcone wrote:

> There's a port for java2 sdk 1.3 (can't remember if it's blackdown's or
> what...). Anyway, Sun made Blackdown and other entities who wish to port the
> java2 sdk to sign NDA's, thus the licensing issue - can't distribute them
> with the regular CD's. hope that would change in the future (Sun looks a bit
> promising on this... M$ a distant reality...)
>
> The ported j2sdk1.3 for linux are available for the potato, woody and sid
> versions of debian gnu/linux.

    /me shakes head slowly

    Sun, Sun, Sun... you'd think they'd wisen up by now. Especially with C#
and .NET looming on the horizon.

    I don't really like Java all that much. Too slow. Moore's law be damned.

    Thanks for the information.

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <michael.soulier@home.com>, GnuPG pub key: 5BC8BE08
of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to Unix