Re: Change XFree from 4.1.0 to 3.3.6 in testing?

Hi Folks,

Pardon the inquiry, but I'm still a little new to debian.

I've installed testing on my laptop, it installed XFree 4.1.0 (which is
very nice BTW), but unfortunately I need to move back to XFree 3.3.6.  I
have a Mach64 controller in this laptop and the XFree 4.1.0 driver only
supports 8-bit color on this chip.

Can someone clue me in on the proper procedure for doing this?

In dselect, I can see a couple of 3.3.6 packages but only the SVGA
server is shown.  I'm a little confused about which way I should go at
this point.

Thanks,
-Mark

--

Mark S. Mathews

Hello Mark,

did you have any success in going back to 3.3.6? I've tried this during the weekend but could not make it. It looks like the 3.3.6 packages depend on the 4.1 packages and I end up with both on my machinen and 4.1 is fired up. Got no clue on how to go back to 3.3.6.

Frank