Re: When ROOT->startx, what file executes the window manager program ?

>After 'startx' is issued by ROOT..........
>
>	from what file is my window manager started ?
>
>I know for a "normal" user, but not for ROOT.
>
>BTW, Debian-2.4.6.

In most cases the user's .xsession file will end with the execution of a
window manager.
See if you have a .xsession in the /root directory.

Any user that does not have a .xsession file in his home directory (root's
home directory is /root) automatically uses /etc/X11/Xsession to start the
window manager.

Cheers :o)

Johnny :o)