xinetd refuse connect

Hello,

I am trying to run an rsync server from xinetd.  I have a desktop
connected via eth0 to a DSL line and eth1 connected to a little hub.
My laptop is on the hub too.  When I start the rsync server from the
prompt, I can access it from my laptop just fine (on the internal
network).  But, when I run it from xinetd, I get this message in my
daemon.log:

Nov 10 14:48:25 localhost xinetd[2468]: warning: can't get client
 address:  Invalid argument
Nov 10 14:48:25 localhost xinetd[2468]: refused connect from <no address>

This message appears 10 times and then rsyncd is "deactivated because
of looping."  In what form or from where is xinetd asking for
identification and what is my laptop failing to provide?  I thought it
might be related to ident, but all those services are running on my
laptop.  I checked the xinetd docs and webpage, but did not see
anything related.  When searching google groups, someone had a similar
problem with linuxconf running from xinetd, but there were no
solutions posted.  Thanks for any suggestions.

Brian Flaherty