Re: rm a '-R' file

Lo, on Saturday, November 10, Lance Hoffmeyer did write:

> I have a file that was created called "-R".  How
> do I delete this file?

`rm ./-R' will work.  In addition, most of the GNU utils accept the special
parameter `--' to mean ``everything else on this command line is a
filename, not an option.''  If you're stuck without GNU tools, though, you
can always fall back on a wildcard: `rm ?R'---I'd probably also want to use
the `-i' switch to make sure I didn't delete something else by mistake.

Richard