Re: cvs

[CVS client/server using ssh]
Tom> I'm not very clear on how to set this up on the client side. Is
Tom> there anything I need to do here?

Just set CVSROOT to an appropriate value, e.g.:
export CVSROOT=:ext:user@host:/var/cvs

And set CVS_RSH:
export CVS_RSH=ssh

Tom> More importantly, and probably more difficult, I would like to be
Tom> able to have multiple CVS servers available from a single client.
Tom> I have no idea how this even begins....

You can switch between CVS servers by changing the CVSROOT environment
variable. Most of the time, you don't even need to do that: once you
are in a work directory, cvs will automatically use the repository
stored in the administrative files.

The only time you need to set CVSROOT is when checking out a new
repository.

--
G. ``Iggy'' Geens - ICQ: #64109250
Home: <ggeens@iname.com> - Work: <guy.geens@cgey.be>