Re: Printer 'HPLaserJ@mansha' - cannot open connection - Connection refused

On Sat, Nov 10, 2001 at 09:17:21PM +0530, Pankaj Jangid wrote:
| hi all,
|
| I am having printer on a win2k machine and I want to use it from my
| Debian GNU/linux machine. I have lprng installed. I am using testing
| distribution of Debian.

| Can any one tell me what is the problem ?

Using lpr/lpd like that requires an lpd server on the remote machine.
Since the remote machine is windows, you need to use samba instead.
Use the 'smbprint' command from the "samba" package to transfer the
print job to the server.  I don't know how to configure it with lpd (I
use CUPS and there it is very easy), but I think the printing or the
samba howtos explain it.

HTH,
-D