Re: playmperg and framebuffer problems

Thus spake Stan Brown:
> I have a Debian potato + Progeny + 2.4.3 kernel machien with an ATI Rage
> video card. When I fire up plaympeg (even with the --novideo switch) it
> seems to put my video card in a scan rate that's too high for my monitor
> (the minitor puts up a synch lost message, but the audio plays).
>
> Any sugestiosn as to how to fix this (other than buying a better monitor
> :-))
>
> What's I'm trying to do is play audo mp3's, so maybe I just need a pointer
> to a different tool for this?
Stan -
I'm not familiar with plaympeg, but give xmms a try - it plays mp3, wav,
Ogg Vorbis, etc.  Quite nice.  What happens when you play a video mpeg?
Is this just something that happens because plaympeg is trying to take
over your video and there's no video stream?  Just a thought.
HTH,
Steve

--
Don't hit a man when he's down -- kick him; it's easier.