snmpd eating memory

I have a strange problem with one of my potato boxes, snmpd sits and
slowly eats up all the memory.

The box in question has hand-built 2.2.17 kernel, snmpd 4.1.1-2.

Since being started on 27th October it is now using 90596k according to
memstat, this on a 96meg box. I cannot work out what is going on, the
only thing snmpd is used for on this box is for mrtg to report on
bandwidth usage.

I have two other potato boxes with the same version of snmpd being used
for the same purpose without this problem. One has kernel 2.4.3, the
other 2.2.19.

Any ideas where the problem might lie?

Cheers,
Tom

--
Someone will try to honk your nose today.