Re: xscreensaver on woody

On 8 Nov 2001, Michael Heldebrant wrote:

> On Thu, 2001-11-08 at 11:41, George Karaolides wrote:

> > > Does the xscreensaver line come before or after the icewm line in
> > > .xsession?  Please show relevant config files (.xsession) and output
> > > (.xsession-errors) if this is not the case.
> > >
> > > --mike
> >
> > This is .xsession-errors; the last line is the result of my trying to lock
> > the screen from the icewm menu entry ( I saw it happen using tail -f).
> >
> > icewm: Bad option: TaskBarShowPPPStatus
> > icewm: Bad option: IgnoreNoFocusHint
> > icewm: Bad option: ShowXButton
> > icewm: Bad option: WindowListFontName
> > icewm: Warning: Could not load font ''.
> > icewm: Warning: Could not load font ''.
> > xscreensaver-command: no screensaver is running on display :0.0
> >
> > The only line in my .xsession file reads:
> >
> > xscreensaver &
> >
> > I have tried giving the absolute path, and renaming the file to .Xsession,
> > without result.
> >

> Does /etc/X11/Xsession.options have allow-user-xsession?

Yes.

> Which X version are you running?

4.1.0-8

> What do /etc/alternatives/x-session-manager
> and /etc/alternatives/x-window-manager point to?

/etc/alternatives/x-window-manager -> /usr/bin/X11/icewm

/etc/alternatives/x-session-manager does not exist.  Should it, and if
yes, what should it point to?

> Maybe wdm is the missing link here, I don't use them so I don't
> know if it re-reads your .xsession once it logs you in.  Perhaps
> the man page for it has something to say.
>
> Have you also tried making your .xsession:
> xscreensaver &
> exec icewm (or whatever the command is, I don't know)

I'll try that next.

Best regards,

George Karaolides       8, Costakis Pantelides St.,
tel:   +35 79 68 08 86                   Strovolos,
email: george@karaolides.com       Nicosia CY 2057,
web:   www.karaolides.com      Republic  of Cyprus