Re: unstable: "could not open default font 'fixed'"

> On Thu, 8 Nov 2001, Michael P wrote:
>
> > After restarting my computer to install a new kernel, X refuses to start.
> > I get:
> > Fatal server error:
> > could not open default font 'fixed'

I recently ran into this problem and here is my fix.

dpkg -i --force-confmiss /var/cache/apt/archives/xfonts-base_4.1.0-9_all.deb

Hope this helps.

Josh
--
Linux, the choice                | index, n.:  Alphabetical list of words of
of a GNU generation       -o)    | no possible interest where an  alphabetical