Re: [OT] A simple network question - login hangs

Peter Howell Jr, 2001-Nov-08 11:36 -0500:
> Now I can ping either computer from the other one, and all appears well.
> When I try to telnet of ftp between them, however, I get the login prompt,
> and then the connection just hangs. Any ideas?
> Peter

Could be that the remote system is trying to resolve the local
end through dns, which is no longer reachable.  Remove or rename
/etc/resolv.conf and that should disable the dns lookup, which
should enable the telnet and ftp.

jc

--
Jeff Coppock		Systems Engineer