Re: Do you use atari800 package?

On Wed, 7 Nov 2001, Erik Steffl wrote:

> Dale Scheetz wrote:
> >
> > I'm about ready to release the 1.0.7 version of the atari800 package, and
> > I'd like some feedback from folks who are actually using the package.
> >
> > If you use this package, please take a look at the following issues and
> > let me know how they impact your use:
> >
> > 1. The svgalib version is the only one that works well for me.
>
>   I avoid svgalib programs

Your choice, of course ;-)

> > 2. The curses version seems to not run basic, and has really bad menu
> > handling in the F1 user interface.
>
>   never used it

The new one is pretty broken...

> > 3. The x11 version uses the same color for background as for text on my X
> > setup. I've been told that this may relate to the color depth I'm using,
> > but I haven't been able to make any headway.
>
>   current one works fine with depth = 24 (I am using it with vnc right
> now)

That fixed it! Thanks!

There is still a problem with the x11 version. The keyboard joystick
doesn't work, although in basic mode I can type with the other keys. I
guess I need to look at the configuration ... again.

Thanks for the report,

Dwarf
--
_-_-_-_-_-   Author of "Dwarf's Guide to Debian GNU/Linux"  _-_-_-_-_-_-