Re: sound configuration

On Wed, 2001-11-07 at 09:17, Nicolas Lamirault wrote:
> i have a little problem to configure my soundcard
> i try to find a solution in the archive, but i found nothing
>
> i'm on debian testing
>
> i think the important file are :
>
> $> more /proc/ioports
> e000-efff : PCI Bus #02
>  ec40-ec7f : Ensoniq ES1371 [AudioPCI-97]
>  ec80-ecff : 3Com Corporation 3c905B 100BaseTX [Cyclone]
>    ec80-ecff : 02:07.0
<snip>

> So i try to configure my kernel (2.4.10), with sound modules :
>
> Sound Card support      (y)
>         Creative SBLive! (EMU10K1)      (M)
>         Creative SBLive! MIDI   (*)
>         OSS sound modules       (M)
>                 Verbose initialisation  (*)
>                 Loopback MIDI device support    (M)
>                 MPU-401 support (NOT for SB16)  (M)
>                 100% Sb compatibles support     (M)

Do you have a SBLive?  Your ioports state an Ensoniq ES1371.  What does
lspci tell you?

> i have a new kernel with this, but i have some errors messages :
>
> $> dmesg | more
> Soundblaster audio driver Copyright (C) by Hannu Savolainen 1993-1996
> sb: No ISAPnP cards found, trying standard ones...
> sb: dsp reset failed.

Are you trying to load the emu10k1 module or the sb module?  Does
/etc/modules list sb or emu10k1?

http://opensource.creative.com should be the place to look for more
info, though it looks a bit sparse on actual information but the FAQ
could help you.  After yo get your audio working be sure to add your
audio using users to group audio with the addgroup command.

--mike