Re: Newbie question

* Nathan E Norman (nnorman@micromuse.com) spake thusly:
> On Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 02:32:10PM -0600, Dimitri Maziuk wrote:
> > * Jason Machacek (jasonmac@mindspring.com) spake thusly:
> > > Is there any way to make the ls command permanently use the --color option?
> >
> > You do realise that it will break any scripts that parse output of "ls",
> > yes?
>
> Huh?  "ls --color=auto" does the right thing.

Yeah well. I did a "for i in `ls`" on a large directory once and
ended up with a lot of files with funny names. That's probably
just me, things-that-could-never-possibly-happen happen to me all
the time...

Dima
--
I'm going to exit now since you don't want me to replace the printcap. If you
change your mind later, run                        -- magicfilter config script