Re: debian install

allen wayne best just ramblin in his amx, 2001-Nov-06 11:14 -0800:
> hello:
>
> i got the following error while trying to install debian in the dselect stage:
>
> E: Internal Error, couldn't configure a pre-depend. Some errors occurred
>     while unpacking. I'm going to configure the packages that were installed.
>     This may be result in duplicate errors or errors caused by missing
>     dependencies.
>
>     This is OK, only the errors above this message are important. Please fix
>     them and run [I]nstall again.
>
> --

It looks as though some packages didn't get downloaded during the
"Get" phase.  The messages should indicate which ones.  Rerun
dselect "Install" a few times to see if they come across, if not,
you can change your sources.list to go to a different source site
and try again.

When you change your /etc/apt/sources.list is this situation, run
apt-get update to make sure all is well before going back into
dselect to run Install.

jc

--
Jeff Coppock		Systems Engineer