Re: Mailing List policy regarding From: and Reply-To: ?

On Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 03:38:11PM +0100, Erik Simon wrote:
> OK, so if I understand well, the trick is

> and use the group-reply for the list and the reply for the private
> address, is that right?

Yep. Group-reply will probably mail both the list and the private
address, but many mailers have a list-reply function that uses only
Mail-Followup-To:.

In mutt, you can use either the 'lists' or the 'subscribe' function to
control this. If you list-reply to a mailing list mentioned in 'lists'
your Mail-Followup-To: will be set so that you're cc'ed, whereas if you
list-reply to a mailing list mentioned in 'subscribe' it'll be set just
to the list.

Cheers,