Re: ALSA: woody & alsa drivers?

On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 11:15:51PM -0800, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> I'm trying to configure a Cirrus Logic 4614-series driver, understand
> that it wants ALSA, but the alsa-drivers packages are AWHOL.
>
>     $ lspci
>     00:06.0 Multimedia audio controller: Cirrus Logic CS 4614/22/24
>     [CrystalClear SoundFusion Audio Accelerator] (rev 01)
>
> Best I can figure, the alsa-modules components aren't in Woody at the
> moment.  I'm not quite clear on best means to configure them under
> Debian either.  Enlightment or references?
Take a look at alsa-source package.

Last time I used alsa was a long while ago,
but as far as I remeber it was easy to compile your own modules
(and AFAIK you have to if you use custom kernel).

See documentation for that package, it describes in detail how to use
kernel-package to roll your own deb with modules.

Hope that helps.

--
	GPG key-id: 1024D/DF04A255                 Dmitriy
	AA16 8FAB 74E1 3511 83D0  9F4B F087 CEC9 DF04 A255

	Free Dmitry Sklyarov!  http://www.freesklyarov.org