Re: installing woody -- base*.tgz?

In article <[🔎] 3BE75300.30020.1167139@localhost> schnobs@babylon-kino.de writes:
>I'm trying to get woody without installing potato first.
>What files do I need in addition to the floppies?

I recently installed woody from the files in the boot-floppies area.
I used rescue.bin and root.bin from the 1.44 area on floppies and the
drivers.tgz from the top on a cdrw.  (The system won't boot from cd.)

http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/testing/main/disks-i386/current/

>Esp, I can't find any base*.tgz in the woody tree.
>Am I blind, or is it no longer needed?

Not needed in my case.  I just configured my ethernet (the 3c509, the
3c905 still isn't being recognized by that system) and hand-edited the
sources.list so I could use my local server.

>as I'd need to have pppoe running before I can acess the

My dsl doesn't use pppoe, and the installed system is behind my nat
box (also woody) anyway.

--
Blars Blarson 					blarson@blars.org
				http://www.blars.org/blars.html