installing woody -- base*.tgz?

Hello,

I'm trying to get woody without installing potato first.
What files do I need in addition to the floppies?
Esp, I can't find any base*.tgz in the woody tree.
Am I blind, or is it no longer needed?

In more Detail:
as I'd need to have pppoe running before I can acess the
servers directly. The only other machine with two NCs
happens to be running windows only. So I want to produce
either a stack of floppies or a CD with the necessary data
to get started.

cu,
Schnobs

PS:
Oh yes, in my case it's the i386 architecture that matters -
- if that information matters.