mount: /dev/scd0 is not a valid block device

I have an ide cdwriter that I want to use. I had this working under woody but downgraded to 2.2r4 Potato (just installed it via network yesterday). I had ide-scsii a module but I rebuilt it as part of the kernel. I have modules sg and sr_mod installed.
In my /etc/fstab I have:
/dev/scd0       /cdrom  iso9660  user,noexec,nodev,nosuid,ro,noauto 0 0
/dev/scd1       /hpcd   iso9660  user,noexec,nodev,nosuid,rw,noauto 0 0
They both get the same error when I do mount /cdrom or mount /hpcd.
What is wrong here, I know they work because I have gotten it to work when I had woody installed.
Any sugestions?
Thanks,
Matt