Updated packages in potato?

Hi all,

My sources.list points at stable plus security. This morning I did an
"apt-get update" which transferred new Packages as you see below.

Get:1 http://non-us.debian.org stable/non-US/main Packages [14.5kB]
Get:2 http://http.us.debian.org stable/main Packages [824kB]
Get:3 http://http.us.debian.org stable/contrib Packages [30.3kB]
Get:4 http://http.us.debian.org stable/non-free Packages [70.2kB]

A dist-upgrade wants to upgrade:

e2fsprogs
libc6
libc6-dev
locales

The root of this seems to be locales which depends on libc6 2.1.3-19.
It's unusal to see updates for stable, other than in "security" and I
haven't seen anything about these updated packages.

Just need a sanity check before I go and do the upgrade. But, while
I'm at it, apart from security updates, is there a way to know _why_
other packages have been updated in a distribution?

Thanks,

Liam

Liam Ward
DV4