ATI Rage 128 frambuffer questiosn

I have a machine with an ATI Rage 128 video card. This machine has potato +
Progeny + 2.4.13 kernel. I have manged to get frambuffer working, but I
can't figure out how to use anything other than the default resolution/font
size. I managed to amke it use a higher denisty font briefly, during boot
up by seting vga=8 in the lilo config, but later in the boot process it
went back to 80x24. I suspect that I need to apend somethign, but i can;t
fiugre out what.

The sugestions for ATI cards from the Frambuffer HOWTO (which seem to be
for MACH 64 based card), don't seem to work. Looking in the kenrel sources?
It appears that the driver I amusing is the aty128 driver.

Given that, what should I put in lilo.conf to get a smaller font/higher
resolution.

--
Stan Brown     stanb@awod.com                                    843-745-3154
Charleston SC.