Re: Exit behaviour of less

On Sat, Nov 03, 2001 at 11:19:59AM -0800, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> Reading the manpage, it would seem that the clear-screen behavior is a
> terminal configuration issue.  I've noticed that, for example, console
> less sessions don't clear the screen on exit, but rxvt sessions do.
> Presumably, poking through various terminal settings will uncover the
> issue.  /etc/profile is a kluge, but may be the simplest solution.

Good call on the terminal config, but I didn't find it via the
manpage.  I noticed that, on the machine in question, mutt is now
clearing the screen on exit also.  Even when sshed to my server
(running stable), where it doesn't clear the screen when running
locally.

Guess I'll have to track down the relevant termcap entry and un-fix
it...

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Mr. Slippery