Re: timezone -0200

> On Sun, 04 Nov 2001 09:11:03 +0100, you wrote:
>
> >Hi all,
> >I always view timezone of messages coming into list because I like trying to guess
> >where is sender of that message living (East Coast, West Coast, Europe, UK, ...)
> >but today I found some messages with timezone -0200 ...how is it possible??
> >it's in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean .. Brazil is in -0300
> >Any suggestions ?  ( common phrase on this list ;) )
> >P.S.: And also timezone +0530 seems strange to me i thought that itmezones are rounded to hours
> >--
> >I am Martin Kacerovsky, student of the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics
> >at the Charles University in Prague, in the Czech Republic, in Europe,
> >on Earth, in the Universe where Linux operating system rules...
>
> A big chunk of central Greenland lies in TZ -2h.  Officially, though
Oh, I'm surprised, I thought that in Greenland are living eskymos with
icebears and snowfoxes, but it seems that eskymos have linux boxes with
debian and internet connection :)
> they are in -1h, -3h, and -4h at least that's what my atlas shows.
Yes I have also a timezone map and that shows that greenland is in -0300
(the biggest part), that's why I asked ....
> There are several TZs that are Hh.30m and Hh.45m.  There have been 20
> and 40 min offsets in the past.  India is +5h.30m  Central Australia is
> +9h.30m  Nepal is +5h.45m
>
> Thanks for the excuse to pull out the atlas.
 Not at all, see http://www.lib.utexas.edu/Libs/PCL/Map_collection/Map_collection.html
 (in Google : search world map online)
> gt
bye