Re: timezone -0200

On Sun, 04 Nov 2001 09:11:03 +0100, you wrote:

>Hi all,
>I always view timezone of messages coming into list because I like trying to guess
>where is sender of that message living (East Coast, West Coast, Europe, UK, ...)
>but today I found some messages with timezone -0200 ...how is it possible??
>it's in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean .. Brazil is in -0300
>Any suggestions ?  ( common phrase on this list ;) )
>P.S.: And also timezone +0530 seems strange to me i thought that itmezones are rounded to hours
>--
>I am Martin Kacerovsky, student of the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics
>at the Charles University in Prague, in the Czech Republic, in Europe,
>on Earth, in the Universe where Linux operating system rules...

A big chunk of central Greenland lies in TZ -2h.  Officially, though
they are in -1h, -3h, and -4h at least that's what my atlas shows.
There are several TZs that are Hh.30m and Hh.45m.  There have been 20
and 40 min offsets in the past.  India is +5h.30m  Central Australia is
+9h.30m  Nepal is +5h.45m

Thanks for the excuse to pull out the atlas.

gt